Monday, June 30, 2014

Start At The Very Beginning

Here I am preparing for a new school year.  One of the most exciting parts of teaching in a small private school is the opportunity to change grade levels often.   This year it looks as though I will be teaching grades K4, K5, and first grade.

At first the thought of adding first grade was rather scary but then I realized these are the same students I just said goodbye to in the spring.  They are all great kids and I am looking forward to continuing on with them.

The K4 program will only meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  K5 and 1st. will meet five day, all day.  I am really beginning to like this idea!  I am so thankful that my aid from the past two years has agreed to join me again.  Having a second pair of hands is very important at this level!

As I research my upcoming school year and it's challenges, I have found very little support.  Maybe I am just not looking in the right place.  If you have any suggestions PLEASE share in the comment section.  I have been teaching for 33 years and I feel like a first year teacher.

So, please join me as I embark on this new adventure.  If nothing else, I now have a place to document all the great things that will be taking place.


No comments:

Post a Comment